Right now, selling is tough business. After the heady days of excess, people are tightening their belts in a natural reaction to an economy that may or may not be in a recession. Yet there are still people out there who need or want to buy your products and services. If you are a salesperson, it is more important than ever to be at the top of your game.
Here are seven tips for selling your products and services even if the economy is in a recession:
1. In a down economy, people are more comfortable buying value, reliability, versatility and effectiveness. They want practical solutions for their problems. They may not be so interested in the bells and whistles right now.
2. Re-train yourself not only in selling but in your products and services. Brush up on your selling technique. And study your own products and services. Become an expert.
3. Remain positive with your prospects. Your prospects are already fearful. Make sure you don’t add to that fear. Highlight the positive aspects of your business and products. Be confident in your presentation and follow-up.
4. Be authentic. Don’t try to be what you are not. If you are naturally funny, a little humor in your presentation can be a great way to break the ice with your prospects. But if you are normally a serious person, contrived humor can fall like a brick and disengage your prospects. Be yourself and let your prospects get to know you as you get to know them.
5. One-on-one personal selling is back. Converse with your prospects in order to develop long term relationships. Ask questions and really listen to the responses. Be sure to incorporate those responses in your presentation. Devise a custom solution to solve your prospects‘ problems.
6. Communicate with prospective customers. Deliver an accurate, thorough proposal to your prospects. And be sure to follow up. Completely answer any questions your prospects may have. And ask if there is anything else you can explain.
7. Make it easy for your customers to buy from you. Prepare your paperwork in advance. Offer a variety of payment methods. And once the deal is signed, be sure to keep in touch with your customers.
This is not the same selling environment you probably faced a couple of years ago. Salespeople now have to sell their products and services. It’s what we should have been doing all along. Get back to the basics of selling.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg