One of the most important things that a buyer would look for in a home is the cleanliness and overall appearance. A clean, organized and attractive home would leave a lasting impression on any potential buyers. If you want to sell your house quick, keeping it neat and clean will help speed up the sale of your property.
Here are some easy-to-do cleaning ideas which will greatly help you sell your house quickly:-
1. Shampoo your carpets to get rid off stains and unpleasant smells. Use the right amount of shampoo on your carpet and always make sure that windows and mirrors are thoroughly cleaned. This will allow more light to enter your home thus giving it a fresh ambiance.
2. The kitchen is the most important area in the house, therefore this should be kept clean all the times. Take time to wash your stove or oven and have the top and the underneath of the stove burner clean. Kitchen equipment and appliances such as your fridge, dishwasher and all other appliances should also be cleaned by wiping it with a clean cloth.
3. Keep your blinds and window fittings clean by removing the dirt and stains from them. Doorknobs and light switches should be cleaned from fingerprints and trash cans should be thoroughly cleansed and should be put properly in its designated area inside your home.
4. Prospective buyers might sneak into your closet so you better have your clothes neatly arranged, so it looks as spacious as it can be. Also, make sure that your closet smells good. You don’t want prospective buyers to smell a foul odor coming from your closet, do you?
5. Ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check the smell and the odor of every room in your home. Since it is your home, you are already accustomed to its smell, therefore a friend or a neighbor’s judgment might just be of help. Spray some air-freshener or put some scented candles into every room to make sure they smell good.
6. Put away all books, paperwork, magazines and all other things that make your home messy and untidy. Get rid of items that are no longer useful. Keep them in one place and organize them properly. Have your furniture rearranged so your home looks as spacious as possible.
7. Make sure that every room in your home is well-lit. Add some high voltage light bulbs in rooms that are seemingly darker. The more lit up a room is, the cleaner it will appear.
These are the very basic things most people fail to do. Remember, for you to sell your house quickly, you need to put some hard work in. Cleaning is the easiest and the cheapest way to improve your house. It only requires a little of your time and effort. More often than not, people would consider buying a home that is well-lit, clean and spacious, for the most part.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg